The following is a list of regional final softball playoff pairings involving East Texas schools.
The following is a list of Saturday's regional semifinals scores involving East Texas teams.
CLASS 4A REGION II
- Krum 6, Athens 1 (Krum wins series, 2-1)
CLASS 4A REGION III
- Huffman Hargrave 2, Carthage 0
- Huffman Hargrave 10, Carthage 5 (Hargrave wins series, 2-1)
CLASS 3A REGION II
- Pilot Point 5, Hughes Springs 4 -- suspended in 3rd inning, umpire suffered medical emergency. Resumes 1 p.m. Monday (Series tied, 1-1)
The following is a list of Friday’s regional semifinal scores involving East Texas teams.
The following is a list of Thursday's baseball and softball playoff scores. Most local teams' games were postponed due to weather.
Baseball (Regional Quarterfinal Round)
Class 5A Region II
- Sulphur Springs 8, Corsicana 0 (Sulphur Springs leads series, 1-0)
Class 4A Region III
- Center 6, Lufkin Hudson 0 (Center leads series, 1-0)
Softball (Regional Semifinal Round)
Class 4A Region II
- Athens 3, Krum 0 (Athens leads series, 1-0)
Class 4A Region III
- Carthage 1, Huffman Hargrave 0 (Carthage leads series, 1-0)
Class 3A Region II
- Pilot Point 2, Hughes Springs 0 (Pilot Point leads series, 1-0)
LINDALE -- Cassidy Ferrill stood in the circle at Lindale ISD Softball Complex and tossed the ball from throwing hand to glove and back. Harder and harder as the stress mounted.
A throwing error with two outs in the third inning cost her the shutout. Then a wild pitch advanced a second runner into scoring position. Then a seventh consecutive taken pitch was called a ball.
The following is a list of softball regional semifinal playoff pairings involving East Texas teams.
BRYAN -- It took 11 innings, but Carthage is headed to the Class 4A regional semifinals after a 6-5 win against Huntington at Mumford High School.
The victory allowed the Lady Bulldogs to take the best-of-three series, two games to none
The following is a list of Saturday’s softball regional quarterfinal playoff games involving East Texas teams.
The following is a list of Friday’s softball regional quarterfinal playoff games involving East Texas teams.
CONROE -- Carthage defeated Huntington, 8-5, in Game 1 of its Class 4A regional quarterfinal series Thursday at the Scrap Yard in Conroe.
Kacey Maines led the way with a 2-for-3 night, including 3 RBIs and a triple. Pitcher Samantha Clakley also batted 2-for-3 with one RBI.