Alabama Offers Hooks’ Montrell Estell
Hooks junior WR/DB Montrell Estell received offer No. 12 on Tuesday night, and it might've been his biggest yet.
Reigning national champion Alabama was the latest school to extend a scholarship opportunity to Estell (6-2, 190), who announced the news via Twitter.
Estell added to his East Texas-leading offer total. In addition to Alabama, the Hornets' star two-way prospect has offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, and Tulane.
Alabama, under the leadership of head coach Nick Saban, has ascended to the top of the college football mountain in the last decade. Since Saban's arrival prior to the 2007 season, the Crimson Tide has amassed an overall record of 106-18 (.855) with national titles in 2009, 2011, 2012, and 2015.
Last season, Alabama captured the second-ever College Football Playoff with wins over Michigan State in the semifinals (38-0) and Clemson in the title game, 45-40.
Estell is the third East Texan in the 2017 class to receive an offer from Alabama, joining a pair of Texas commits -- Liberty-Eylau DE Lagaryonn Carson and Bullard TE Major Tennison.
As a receiver, Estell finished the 2015 season with 34 catches for 417 yards and five touchdowns. He also added 380 yards and four touchdowns on the ground in 11 games.
He simultaneously recorded 64 tackles with four sacks, six forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and two blocked kicks as a defensive back.
Hooks posted a 9-1 regular season record and won the District 7-3A Division II championship before falling to Arp by a touchdown in the first round of the playoffs.
Estell, like all high school prospects currently in their junior year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, Kansas, Navy, SMU, ULL, UTSA (7)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — committed to SMU; additional offers from Arkansas, Illinois, Kansas (4)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from SMU, Tulane, ULL (3)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Tulsa, ULL, ULM (4)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Houston, SMU, Texas State, ULL, UTSA (5)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, UTSA (9)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (9)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by SMU (1)