West Rusk’s Tyree Wilson Commits to Washington State
West Rusk linebacker Tyree Wilson became the third East Texas recruit in the 2018 class to offer up a verbal commitment on Tuesday night.
Wilson (6-5, 225) announced via Twitter that he has committed to Washington State.
He chose the Cougars over his other Division I FBS suitor, Louisiana-Lafayette.
Wilson joins John Tyler linebacker Tre Allison (SMU) and Marshall offensive lineman Chasen Hines (LSU) as current area junior prospects to commit.
Washington competes in the Pac-12 Conference, and is coming off an 8-5 season under Mike Leach, who spent 10 seasons as head coach at Texas Tech from 2000-2009.
Since Leach's arrival at Washington State, the Cougars have posted a 29-34 record and qualified for bowls in three of his five seasons at the helm.
The Cougars dropped a 17-12 decision to Minnesota in the Holiday Bowl to conclude the 2016 season.
Wilson was a force on West Rusk’s Class 3A Division II bi-district team last season. He made 68 solo tackles, including 13 for loss, and assisted six other tackles in 11 games as part of a linebacking corps that cannibalized each other’s stats.
In addition to 74 total tackles, Wilson forced two fumbles and returned one interception 34 yards for a touchdown.
Like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, Wilson will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from ULL, Mississippi State (3)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Central Florida, Colorado State, Iowa State, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Tulane, ULL, Virginia (11)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offers from Tulane, ULL (2)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-2, 215 — offers from Houston, Mississippi State, Texas State, ULL (4)
- Trae Hall, Henderson, QB/ATH, 6-3, 185 — offer from ULL (1)
- Conner Henson, Harmony, OL, 6-4, 250 — offer from ULL (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, OL, 6-3, 340 — committed to LSU; additional offers from Arizona, Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech (15)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Marshall University, Nevada, North Texas, Southern Miss, Tulsa (10)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, LSU, Memphis, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UTSA (23)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 5-8, 165 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA (27)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — committed to Washington State; additional offer from ULL (2)