California Offers Gilmer Junior Kris Boyd
Gilmer junior standout Kris Boyd picked up his seventh offer Wednesday.
The Buckeyes' two-way standout received an offer from California, giving him his first Pac-12 offer. InsideTexas.com first reported the offer.
The Golden Bears join Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, and Texas Tech on Boyd's offer list, which will no doubt grow during the offseason between his junior and season seasons. He's 1 of 12 East Texans in the 2015 class with at least one FBS offer. Seven of those players have at least one offer from a BCS conference program.
The 6-foot, 175-pound Boyd has led Gilmer in rushing each of the last two seasons, but has consistently been projected as a cornerback at the college level. Boyd finished the 2013 season with 1,191 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns on the ground, averaging 10.5 yards per carry.
He was also dangerous catching the ball out of the backfield. Boyd snagged 22 passes for 333 yards and four touchdowns. Defensively, he collected 26 tackles, two forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery.
Boyd will once again be a core piece to Gilmer's playoff hopes this coming fall, along with his younger brother, Demarco, who had a big season on varsity as a sophomore in 2013. The younger Boyd, a 6-foot, 190-pound outside linebacker, had 48 tackles and led the team in tackles for loss (12), sacks (6), and forced fumbles (4).
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 175 -- offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (7)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 -- offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key'Vantanie "KeKe" Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 -- offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 -- committed to Texas A&M; offers from Baylor, Florida State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (9)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 -- offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 -- offers from Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 -- committed to Baylor; offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 -- committed to Texas A&M; offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (16)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 -- offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 -- offer from Houston (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 -- offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (9)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 -- offer from SMU (1)