Center Sophomore Safety Johnny Shaw Commits to TCU
A day after receiving his first offer, Johnny Shaw pulled the trigger on his commitment.
The 2015 prospect from Center committed to TCU during a visit to the campus, according to HornedFrogBlitz.com, less than 24 hours after the Horned Frogs offered him.
The 6-foot-1, 187-pound Shaw is considered one of East Texas’ top recruits in what appears to be a strong 2015 class for the region. He joins Lufkin athlete KeyVantanie “KeKe” Coutee (5-10, 170), Whitehouse safety Justin Dunning (6-3, 196), Longview tailback JaMycal Hasty (5-9, 184), Gladewater defensive tackle Daylon Mack (6-2, 297), and Sulphur Springs safety Larry Pryor (6-1, 185) as East Texas’ juniors-to-be who already have at least one Division I FBS offer.
Shaw had a breakout sophomore season in 2012 for the Roughriders, who finished 8-3 with a Class 3A Division II Region III first-round playoff appearance. The 6-foot-1, 187-pounder had 88 tackles, five interceptions, two forced fumbles, and three fumble recoveries. Shaw was third on the team in tackles and first in picks.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- KeyVantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 170 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-3, 196 — offer from Texas Tech (1)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 184 — offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-2, 297 — offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — offer from TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (3)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 187 — offer from TCU (1)