Kansas Offers Pine Tree Quarterback Caleb Chumley
The seventh Division I FBS offer arrived Wednesday for Pine Tree’s Caleb Chumley.
The 6-foot-5, 220-pound quarterback/athlete was offered by Kansas, according to the Pine Tree coaching staff.
Less than two weeks ago, Chumley received his sixth offer from Louisiana Tech. He also has offers from Houston, Memphis, North Texas, Oregon State, and Texas State.
Chumley has received interest from a slew of other schools, including Oregon. He’s been recruited at multiple positions, including quarterback, receiver, and tight end.
Chumley’s limited action at quarterback in 2012 statistically looks like a full season. In three games, he threw for 1,135 yards, ran for 462 yards, and accounted for 17 total touchdowns.
Chumley is the third East Texan in the 2014 class to receive an offer from Kansas. Nacogdoches offensive lineman Jacob Bragg and Newton athlete Kevin Shorter have also been offered by the Jayhawks.
2014 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Terry Ausborne, S, John Tyler, 5-10, 175 — offer from SMU (1)
- Jacob Bragg, OL, Nacogdoches, 6-4, 310 — offer from Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Oregon State, ULM (4)
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant, 6-0, 160 — offers from Arizona, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Houston, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia (21)
- Caleb Chumley, QB/ATH, Pine Tree, 6-5, 220 — offers from Houston, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, North Texas, Oregon State, Texas State (7)
- Joseph Clark, RB/S, Chapel Hill, 5-9, 175 — offers from Air Force, Texas State (2)
- Kade Clayton, ATH, Tyler Grace, 6-0, 180 — offer from SMU, Texas State (2)
- Terrell Cuney, C, Jasper, 6-3, 260 — committed to Texas; additional offers from TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Adrian Goodacre, OL, Carthage, 6-4, 310 — offer from ULL (1)
- Tee Goree, WR, Carthage, 6-2, 168 — offer from Louisiana Tech, Memphis, ULL, ULM (4)
- Davion Hall, ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 6-2, 191 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Zaycoven Henderson, DT, Longview, 6-1, 287 — committed to TCU; additional offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Texas Tech (7)
- Willy Ivery, ATH, Sulphur Springs, 5-8, 180 — offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas State, Toledo (5)
- Jamal Jeffery, WR, Lufkin, 5-9, 165 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Chris Jefferson, ATH, Athens, 6-2, 200 — committed to SMU (1)
- Ben Luckett, RB, Palestine, 6-0, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Dorian Leonard, WR, Longview, 6-4, 200 — offers from Florida State, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Diego State, Texas, Texas Tech (6)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse, 6-3, 203 — committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Houston, North Texas, Rice (4); also has Arizona, Arkansas, Houston baseball offers
- Jarrell Owens, LB/DE, Palestine, 6-3, 238 — offer from TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, ULM (4)
- Greg Roberts, DE, Nacogdoches, 6-5, 210 — offer from Baylor (1)
- Anthony Rhone, LB, Texas High, 6-0, 205 — offer from SMU (1)
- Okeeron Rutherford, WR, Carthage, 6-5, 181 — offer from ULM (1)
- Anthony Sanders, ATH, Athens, 5-11, 185 — offer from ULM (1)
- Kevin Shorter, RB/S, Newton, 6-0, 190 — offers from Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Maryland, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULM, Utah (22)
- Brian Thlang, OL, Palestine, 6-2, 290 — committed ULM (1)
- Justin Twine, ATH, Hemphill, 5-10, 195 — committed to TCU for baseball; additional football offer from Baylor (1)
- Josh Walker, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-1, 220 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- D.J. Williams, DT, Lufkin, 6-4, 293 — offers from Miami, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma (4)
- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart, 6-0, 190 — offers from New Mexico State, North Texas, ULM (3)