Kansas State Offers Canton’s Samuel Miller
It's getting better and better for Samuel Miller.
Kansas State offered the Canton defensive end Thursday, according to a post on Twitter.
The Wildcats became Miller's 10th scholarship opportunity and have given him his first shot to play in the Big 12.
Kansas State usually puts together a scrappy team and causes headaches for its conference opposition under legendary head coach Bill Snyder. It finished the 2013 season with an 8-5 record after recovering from a 2-4 start, including a blowout win against Michigan in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.
None of the Wildcats' five losses came by more than 10 points.
Defense is a specialty in Manhattan, Kan. The 2013 unit ranked 45th in the nation despite facing the likes of Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.
Kansas State's offer to Miller is its first to any Class of 2015 member in East Texas.
As a junior, Miller (6-3, 220) shined on the defensive side of the ball with 89 tackles, 26 of the tackles for loss, as well as four sacks and three forced fumbles. His play helped spur Canton recover from an 0-4 start and reach the postseason.
He also doubles as a tight end for Canton.
Miller's recruitment might begin to snowball. He picked up an offer from Arkansas State on Wednesday.
He visited Louisiana-Monroe on Thursday, a school that has already presented him with a scholarship.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Jarion Anderson, WR, Texas High, 5-9, 167 – offer from Tulsa (1)
- Rodney Bendy, WR, John Tyler, 6-4, 180 – committed to North Texas; additional offer from ULM (2)
- Williams Brown, DL, Texas High, 6-3, 259 -- offer from Texas State (1)
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (14)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Nick Cain, ATH, John Tyler, 5-10, 165 — offer from ULM (1)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Tulsa (4)
- Justin Dunning, S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – committed to Louisiana Tech (1)
- Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton, 6-1, 186 – offer from ULM (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (10)
- Jeff Gladney, ATH, New Boston, 6-0, 174 – offer from North Texas, Northern Illinois, Rice, Texas State, Tulsa, UTSA (6)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Houston, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Tyrone Hunt, DE, Arp, 6-4, 230 -- offer from UTSA (1)
- Marcalas Johnson, Arp, 5-10, 181 -- offer from Colorado State (1)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-11, 180 — committed to Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 185 — committed to Oklahoma State; additional offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Boise State, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia State, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Penn State, Purdue, South Alabama, Syracuse, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULL, Utah State, Wake Forest, Washington State (37)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — committed to Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State, ULL (6)
- Samuel Miller, DE, Canton, 6-3, 220 – offers from Arkansas State, Houston, Kansas State, Memphis, Nevada, North Texas, Oregon State, Texas State, ULM, UTSA (10)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Kyshaun Smith, S/LB, Tatum, 6-1, 185 — offers from Houston, Memphis, Texas State (3)
- Javon Thomas, RB, Texas High, 6-2, 195 – offer from Navy, Rice, Toledo, Tulsa, ULM (5)
- Jackson Tyner, QB, Edgewood, 6-5, 220 – committed to Rice (1)
- Broderick Washington, OL, Longview, 6-3, 285 — offer from Arkansas State, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, ULL, UTSA (6)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)