Longview’s Haynes King Offered By Louisiana-Monroe
It's been quite the week for Longview sophomore quarterback Haynes King. He received his third Division I FBS scholarship offer in as many days on Thursday.
King (6-2, 170) received an offer from Louisiana-Monroe, as first reported by the Longview News-Journal.
The Lobos quarterback was offered by Louisiana Tech and Houston earlier this week.
Last season, King's first at quarterback, he passed for 2,106 yards with 25 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He did not take over the Lobos' starting job until Week 5 of the regular season.
As a starter, King helped Longview reel off 10 consecutive victories en route to a 13-2 record and the program's first appearance in the state semifinals since 2010.
King was recently named the ETSN.fm East Texas Football Super Team's Offensive Newcomer of the Year.
ULM is a member of the Sun Belt Conference and went 4-8 overall and 4-4 in conference play under head coach Matt Viator last season.
King, like all sophomores, is first eligible to sign with any Division I program that offers him in December of 2019.
2020 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage, ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Baylor, Colorado, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas (5)
- Khalan Griffin, Chapel Hill, QB/ATH, 5-11, 180 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Tren Jones, Arp, ATH, 6-0, 170 — offer from Baylor (1)
- Haynes King, Longview, QB, 6-2, 170 -- offers from Houston, Louisiana Tech, ULM (3)
- Ja’Lynn Polk, Lufkin, WR, 6-2, 170 — offer from Illinois (1)
- James Sylvester, Newton, DE, 6-4, 215 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor (2)
- Jerrin Thompson, Lufkin, S, 6-0, 170 -- offer from Arkansas (1)