Lufkin Offensive Lineman Erik McCoy Picks Up Arkansas State Offer
The second offer is in for Lufkin 2015 offensive lineman and Erik McCoy, and it's from Arkansas State, McCoy announced his personal Twitter account Friday morning.
McCoy (6-4, 297), who first offered by Houston back in September, is one of two East Texas offensive lineman in the 2015 class with at least one Division I FBS offer. Tyler Lee's Matthew Weeks has an SMU offer.
Arkansas State, which competes in the Sun Belt Conference, went 8-5 in 2013 and earned a 23-20 win over Western Kentucky in the GoDaddy Bowl.
At the inaugural ETSN combine last May at APEC training facility in Tyler, McCoy measured in at 6-5 and 282.4 pounds in shoes and put up 15 reps on the bench press at 225 pounds, which tied for the eighth-most by those in attendance.
McCoy was also second on the Keiser squat, which combines low-impact technology with ability to move heavy weight safely at high speeds; issues power output number (in wattage) based on amount of weight used and the speed in which it was lifted, making the target a power assessment instead of simply a strength assessment.
Lufkin, which was 5-6 last fall, has three 2015 football recruits with FBS offers -- McCoy, athlete Key'Vantanie "KeKe" Coutee and wide receiver Terry Mark. Quarterback Trey Cumbie has a baseball offer from Rice.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — offers from Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-10, 175 — offer from Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 175 — committed to Ole Miss; additional offers from Houston, Louisiana Tech, Oklahoma State, South Alabama (5)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston (2)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)