Mineola’s Austin + Riley Anderson Have New Offers From Kansas State
The new week began with new offers for Mineola offensive tackles Austin and Riley Anderson.
The junior twins announced Monday via their personal Twitter accounts that they received invitations to join the Kansas State program. It's Austin Anderson's (6-4, 299) 16th college football opportunity and Riley Anderson's (6-5, 287) 15th.
Kansas State's offer is both players' third from a Big 12 school. Conference rival Texas Tech reached out to the pair on Feb. 10 and TCU followed up last week.
The Andersons are the first East Texas players Kansas State has offered in the Class of 2016 cycle.
Mineola's prospects now have five common offers from schools in major conferences. The list features Kansas State, Illinois, Missouri, Northwestern, TCU and Texas Tech.
Austin Anderson has an additional offer from Vanderbilt.
Led by head coach Bill Snyder, Kansas State finished the 2014 season with a trip to the Valero Alamo Bowl and a 9-4 overall record. It only dropped Big 12 games to conference co-champions Baylor and TCU.
Snyder is entering his 23rd season with the program, broken up by a retirement hiatus between 2006 and 2008. The program had gone 210-599 in the 93 years prior to his arrival in 1989. He has guided the team to a 187-94-1 record since taking and reassuming the job.
The head coach helped guide Kansas State to a 2003 conference championship and tied Oklahoma for the title in 2012. The program went to two BCS bowl games prior to the adoption of the College Football Playoff and has been to 16 bowls overall with Snyder.
Mineola's twin tackles were instrumental in paving the way for a group of exclusively underclassmen runners for Mineola last season. They helped a run-dependent Yellowjackets offense amass 4,465 rushing yards and 53 touchdowns in a 16-game campaign culminating with a Class 3A Division I state championship game appearance.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (16)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa (15)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (36)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, 6-3, 202 – offers from Louisiana Tech, Texas State (2)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-4, 185 — offer from North Texas, SMU (2)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 -- offer from Kansas (1)