Oklahoma Offers Gilmer’s Kris Boyd
Gilmer’s Kris Boyd picked up his fourth Big 12 Conference offer Friday afternoon.
The Buckeyes’ two-way standout told ETSN.fm contributor Justin Wells that Oklahoma offered him.
The Sooners join TCU, Texas, and Texas Tech as the teams that have offered the 6-foot, 175-pounder.
Boyd starred at tailback as a sophomore in 2012, when the Buckeyes went 14-2 and reached the Class 3A Division II state championship game. Much of his recruiting has focused on his prospects as a cornerback at the next level.
Boyd ran for 1,276 yards and 19 touchdowns on 161 carries for an average of 7.9 yards per carry. He also caught 20 passes for 226 yards and two touchdowns.
He’ll be a huge part of Gilmer’s quest for another state title appearance in 2013. The Buckeyes return 13 of 22 starters, including leaders such as quarterback Tanner Barr and Texas A&M-committed linebacker Josh Walker, and start the season ranked No. 2 by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine and TheOldCoach.com’s Friday Night Football magazine.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 175 — offers from Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offer from North Texas (1)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (6)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — offers from Baylor, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (4)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — offers from Baylor, Mississippi State (2)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (13)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (7)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas; additional offer from TCU (2)