Carthage’s Keaontay Ingram Adds To Lead With Offer From Colorado
Keaontay Ingram roared out to a 15th offer from the NCAA Division I FBS level and an area-best 16th offer from the Division I ranks at large Wednesday.
Colorado did the honor and became the second Pac-12 program interested in East Texas' scholarship leader among junior football players. The Carthage running back announced his offer from the Buffaloes program through his personal Twitter account.
Ingram has become more and more of a national target in recent days.
His recruitment began with nearby schools and subsequently expanded out to include eight of the 10 universities within the Big 12 Conference plus Missouri. In the past seven days, the list has grown to include Michigan, Minnesota, UCLA and now Colorado.
The Buffaloes program made significant strides in 2016 under fourth-year head coach Mike MacIntyre. It jumped from 4-9 overall the previous campaign to 10-2 through the regular season.
Colorado fell in the Pac-12 championship game and subsequently in the Alamo Bowl, but it still enjoyed its first 10-win season since 2001. Only two of its teams between those banner seasons won more than eight games, and none had accomplished the feat since 2004.
Ingram finished his 15-game junior year as the Offensive MVP of the Class 4A Division I state championship game, which Carthage won. He recorded more than 2,200 rushing yards during the season, scored 31 touchdowns on the ground and caught 46 passes for a little more than 400 receiving yards.
Just today, Ingram was named one of two Offensive Players of the Year alongside West Orange-Stark quarterback Jackson Dallas on the Texas Sports Writers Association’s Class 4A All-State Football Team.
Like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, Ingram will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Mississippi State (2)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Bowling Green, Iowa State (2)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-0, 215 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, UCLA (15)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 —offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, SMU, Southern Miss, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, UCLA, UTSA (11)