FAQs: 2017 ETSN.fm + APEC Recruiting Combine
The event will be free and open to the public.
If you are one of those athletes or a parent/guardian/coach, please be sure to read the following information pertaining to the event.
What to Bring?
Athletes need to bring two pairs of shoes: flats and cleats (cleats only needed for outdoor position-specific drills; all laser timing and other combine drills will be conducted in flats). NOTE: The APEC practice field's turf is artificial.
Athletes also need to BRING A MOUTHPIECE. These are to be used during our one-on-one drills. Please do not forget to bring a mouthpiece!
Where to Go?
APEC's facility is located at 1543 E. Grande Blvd., Tyler, TX, 75703. Here's a map:
Where to Park?
If APEC's parking lot is full, alternate parking can be found at the neighboring Stanger Surveying, located between APEC and Paluxy Drive. Both the lot and the grass field will be available, but please make parking rows and drive carefully in the grass to respect their property.
There will be restricted access areas in the facility during the combine events, and during the skill events. Please adhere to the boundaries for the safety of everyone in attendance. APEC has the right to remove anyone from the facility who does comply with these policies.
Viewing areas for the combine testing will include an upstairs deck, portions of the weight room, and outside around the field. (Feel free to bring lawn chairs for outdoor facility use and viewing around the field). Viewing areas for the skills portion will be the indoor track, and anywhere around the outside of the field.
Media and Coaches
All media and coaches are welcome to attend. They will need to check in and obtain a credential with their name and organization to be allowed access beyond the viewing area.
Food and Drink
There will be no food allowed inside the facility unless you are an athlete. No drinks, with the exception of water, is permitted inside the facility unless you are an athlete.
What Happens When You Arrive?
- Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. and will conclude at 11 a.m. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY, not exactly at 9:30 a.m. to allow for on-time start of drills. If you are late, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE with your position group and could possibly be prevented from completing all drills that will be scored to determine MVPs. This should be easy since your signed waiver form will already be with ETSN.fm and APEC staff at the registration station. After registering, height and weight measurements will be conducted, plus we'll take headshot pictures.
- Athletes will receive combine shirts for no charge for attending the combine. They're to be worn during competition.
- Athletes will be divided into position groups and start combine drills at 11:30 a.m. Combine drills should conclude by 2 p.m.
- A 30-minute break will be available for all athletes, when you are allowed to have lunch before we begin the second phase of the event. Jersey Mike's will provide the lunch.
- Weather permitting, position-specific drills and one-on-ones will start at 2:30 p.m. and run through 5 p.m.
- After the one-on-ones conclude, special guest speaker Ahmard Vital will deliver a brief 30-minute presentation to the athletes.
- Following the presentation, position and overall MVP awards will be handed out.
If you have any questions, email Clint Buckley at email@example.com.