Florida Atlantic Offers Tyler Lee’s Chance Amie
With another Division I FBS scholarship offer on Thursday, Tyler Lee quarterback Chance Amie has taken over sole possession of third place in numbers of offers among East Texans in the 2018 recruiting class.
Florida Atlantic offered Amie (6-3, 190), the Tyler Lee official Twitter account reported, giving the Red Raiders quarterback 17 FBS scholarship opportunities.
Amie broke a tie with Marshall offensive lineman and LSU commit Chasen Hines, and now only trails Arp safety DeMarvion Overshown (30) and Carthage running back Keaontay Ingram (27).
Florida Atlantic has been busy in East Texas this week. The Owls previously offered two quarterbacks from the region in Henderson's Trae Hall and Texas High 2019 prospect Coltin Clack.
Amie turned in a good junior campaign on the heels of a breakout sophomore season in relief of former quarterback Zach Hall, who missed three starts in 2015 due to injury.
While Lee went 2-8 last season, Amie completed 97 of 180 passes for 1,556 yards and recorded 10 touchdowns to seven interceptions. He carried the ball 183 times for a net of 1,265 yards and scored 17 touchdowns.
Four of Lee’s losses came by one possession. Two of the losses were in spite of Lee scoring 50 or more points.
Florida Atlantic made a splash in January with the hiring of Lane Kiffin as its next head coach. Kiffin had served as Alabama’s offensive coordinator for three seasons after stints as head coach at Tennessee and USC.
Kiffin also has been a head coach in the NFL. Al Davis hired Kiffin, 31 years old at the time, to lead the Oakland Raiders in 2007 after seeing his work as offensive coordinator at USC during the Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart era.
Florida Atlantic finished 3-9 last season as a member of Conference USA.
Amie, like all college football prospects currently in their sophomore year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in December of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Texas State, Tulane, ULL (7)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Florida Atlantic, Georgia State, Houston, Iowa State, New Mexico, North Texas, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Tulane, ULL, Virginia (17)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offers from Arkansas State, Army, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane, ULL, ULM (10)
- Drake Centers, Tatum, OL, 6-4, 295 — offers from SMU, Texas State (2)
- Kris Dike, Van, OL, 6-6, 283 — offers from Colorado, Houston, North Texas, Oklahoma State, SMU, TCU (6)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-2, 215 — offers from Houston, Mississippi State, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL (6)
- Trae Hall, Henderson, QB/ATH, 6-3, 185 — offers from Florida Atlantic, Tulane, ULL (3)
- Conner Henson, Harmony, OL, 6-4, 250 — offers from ULL, ULM (2)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, OL, 6-3, 340 — committed to LSU; additional offers from Arizona, Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Rice, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech (16)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — committed to Kansas; additional offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Iowa State, Louisiana Tech, Marshall University, Nevada, North Texas, Southern Miss, Tulsa (10)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Florida State, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, LSU, Memphis, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC, UTSA (27)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 5-8, 165 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- Kameron King, Marshall, OL, 6-3, 270 -- offer from Tulane (1)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, S, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kansas, Kansas State, LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA (30)
- Jonathan Shepherd, Kilgore, WR, 6-3, 196 — offers from Colorado State, Florida Atlantic, Kansas State, ULM, New Mexico, Oregon State, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech (9)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — committed to Washington State; additional offers from Kansas, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, ULL, ULM, Wyoming (8)