Michigan Offers Carthage’s Keaontay Ingram
It's already been a busy offseason for Carthage junior running back Keaontay Ingram, and it's only lasted a few weeks thus far.
The Bulldogs' star playmaker earned his 13th Division I FBS scholarship offer on Monday afternoon, announcing via Twitter that Michigan had reached out to him.
Ingram (6-0, 198), who leads East Texas' 2018 recruiting class in number of offers, also has opportunities from Arkansas, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, and UCLA.
Michigan made Ingram its first target in the area for this recruiting cycle.
Ingram finished his 2016 season as the Offensive MVP of the Class 4A Division I state championship game and surpassed 2,200 yards on the year in the successful finale. He ran for 31 scores and also caught 46 passes for more than 400 yards.
Michigan is coming off a successful season under head coach Jim Harbaugh. The Wolverines were 10-3 overall and 7-2 in Big Ten action, falling to Florida State, 33-32, in the Orange Bowl on Dec. 30.
Ingram, like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Mississippi State (2)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Bowling Green, Iowa State (2)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-0, 215 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, UCLA (13)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 —offers from Arkansas, Kansas, SMU, Southern Miss, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, UTSA (8)