Ohio State Offers Carthage’s Keaontay Ingram
The scholarship offers continue to pile up for Carthage junior running back Keaontay Ingram. The Bulldogs' standout received Division I FBS offer No. 20 on Wednesday.
Ohio State became the latest school to join the pursuit, Ingram (6-0, 198) announced via Twitter.
Ingram now has four offers from Big Ten programs. The Buckeyes joined Michigan, Minnesota, and Nebraska as potential suitors.
It was a busy Wednesday for 2018 East Texas recruits with six offers going out to five prospects -- Lufkin's Malik Jackson (Arkansas State), Texas High's Tevailance Hunt (Louisiana Tech), Tyler Lee's Chance Amie (Syracuse), Arp's DeMarvion Overshown (South Carolina, Colorado), and Ingram.
Four current juniors from the area have picked up their first offers in the last week -- Pleasant Grove LB Xavier Benson (Louisiana-Lafayette), West Rusk LB Tyree Wilson (Louisiana-Lafayette), Hunt, and Jackson.
Ingram (6-0, 198) closed the 2016 East Texas football season with the Offensive MVP award in Carthage’s 31-17 win against Abilene Wylie for the Class 4A Division I state championship. The back scored twice in the title match, including the tying touchdown that brought the Dawgs back from a 14-0 deficit.
He eclipsed 2,200 rushing yards in 15 games, scored 31 times on the ground and caught 46 passes for a little more than 400 yards.
Ohio State is among the most storied programs in college football. The Buckeyes, who are coached by Urban Meyer, have won eight national championships and produced six Heisman Trophy winners.
Last season, Ohio State finished 11-2, falling to eventual national champion Clemson, 31-0, in the College Football Playoff semifinals. The Buckeyes are 61-6 in five seasons with Meyer as head coach.
Ingram, like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Mississippi State (2)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Bowling Green, Iowa State, Syracuse (3)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offer from ULL (1)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-0, 215 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UTSA (20)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 6-0, 170 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida State, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, UTSA (21)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — offer from ULL (1)