Alto’s Keenen Johnson Receives Offer From ULL
The second Division I FBS offer has arrived for Alto 2016 quarterback/athlete Keenen Johnson, and it came from ULL, the Yellowjackets' standout announced via Twitter.
Johnson (6-1, 190) was previously offered by SMU on March 20.
ULL reached out to another East Texas prospect in the 2016 class recently, offering Corrigan-Camden linebacker La'Darius Hamilton.
The Ragin' Cajuns compete in the Sun Belt Conference. ULL, coached by Mark Hudspeth, was 9-4 in 2014, culminating in a 16-3 win over Nevada in the New Orleans Bowl on Dec. 20.
Johnson, the 2014 ETSN.fm East Texas Football Offensive Newcomer of the Year, rushed for a staggering 2,438 yards on 199 attempts last season from the quarterback spot. If that’s not enough, he completed 74 of 120 pass attempts for 1,607 yards, 18 touchdowns and only had four throws intercepted.
Alto won the District 11-2A Division I title as part of an undefeated regular season. It fell to Centerville in the regional quarterfinals.
Johnson, like all incoming senior football prospects, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers them on Feb. 3, 2016.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (26)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (26)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- La’Darius Hamilton, LB, Corrigan-Camden, 6-1, 220 — offer from ULL (1)
- Keenen Johnson, ATH, Alto, 6-1, 190 – offers from SMU, ULL (2)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, California, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (38)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Missouri, Texas State (2)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-6, 207 — offers from Houston, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, North Texas, SMU, ULM (6)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offers from Colorado State, Kansas (2)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech (2)