New Mexico State Offers Whitehouse Linebacker Reggie Long
Less than two weeks after receiving his first Division I FBS offer, Reggie Long got another.
Whitehouse’s senior linebacker said Sunday afternoon on Twitter that New Mexico State offered him. The Aggies join Army, which offered Long on July 9, as the two FBS programs to extend offers to the 6-foot, 218-pounder. Long also has a Division II offer from Texas A&M-Commerce.
Long is the third player in East Texas’ 2014 football class to receive an offer from New Mexico State. Pine Tree quarterback/athlete Caleb Chumley (6-5, 220) and Elkhart running back Jeffery Wilson (6-0, 190) also hold New Mexico State offers.
Long is 1 of 4 Whitehouse players with at least one FBS offer.
Senior quarterback Patrick Mahomes is committed to Texas Tech. Junior safety Justin Dunning holds six offers — Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech — while junior cornerback Nate Brooks holds a North Texas offer.
Long had 76 tackles, two interceptions, and one fumble recovery in 2012, when the Wildcats finished 10-2 and reached the Class 4A Division II Region II second round.
2014 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Terry Ausborne, S, John Tyler, 5-10, 175 — offer from SMU (1)
- Blake Bogenschutz, QB, Carthage, 6-1, 175 — committed to UTSA (1)
- Jacob Bragg, OL, Nacogdoches, 6-4, 310 — committed to Kansas; additional offers from Louisiana Tech, Oregon State, ULM (4)
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant, 6-0, 160 — offers from Arizona, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Houston, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia (21)
- Caleb Chumley, QB/ATH, Pine Tree, 6-5, 220 — offers from Houston, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, New Mexico State, North Texas, Oregon State, Texas State (8)
- Joseph Clark, RB/S, Chapel Hill, 5-9, 175 — offers from Air Force, Texas State, Texas Tech (3)
- Kade Clayton, ATH, Tyler Grace, 6-0, 180 — offer from SMU, Texas State (2)
- Terrell Cuney, C, Jasper, 6-3, 260 — committed to Texas; additional offers from TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Adrian Goodacre, OL, Carthage, 6-4, 310 — offer from ULL (1)
- Terian “Tee” Goree, WR, Carthage, 6-2, 168 — offer from Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, ULL, ULM, UTSA (6)
- Davion Hall, ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 6-2, 191 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Zaycoven Henderson, DT, Longview, 6-1, 287 — committed to TCU; additional offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Texas Tech (7)
- Willy Ivery, ATH, Sulphur Springs, 5-8, 180 — offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas State, Toledo (5)
- Jamal Jeffery, WR, Lufkin, 5-9, 165 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Chris Jefferson, ATH, Athens, 6-2, 200 — committed to SMU (1)
- Dorian Leonard, WR, Longview, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas; offers from Florida State, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Diego State, Texas Tech (6)
- Reggie Long, LB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 218 — offers from Army, New Mexico State (2)
- Ben Luckett, RB, Palestine, 6-0, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse, 6-3, 203 — committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Houston, North Texas, Rice (4); also has Arizona, Arkansas, Houston baseball offers
- Stephan Maxey, DB, Longview, 5-11, 185 — offer from UTSA (1)
- Jarrell Owens, LB/DE, Palestine, 6-3, 230 — committed to TCU; additional offers from Texas State, Texas Tech, ULM (4)
- Greg Roberts, DE, Nacogdoches, 6-5, 210 — offer from Baylor (1)
- Anthony Rhone, LB, Texas High, 6-0, 205 — committed to SMU (1)
- O’Keeron Rutherford, WR, Carthage, 6-6, 181 — offer from ULM (1)
- Anthony Sanders, ATH, Athens, 5-11, 185 – offer from ULM (1)
- Kevin Shorter, RB/S, Newton, 6-0, 190 — offers from Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Maryland, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULM, Utah (21)
- Brian Thlang, OL, Palestine, 6-2, 290 — committed ULM (1)
- Josh Walker, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-1, 220 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- D.J. Williams, DT, Lufkin, 6-4, 293 — offers from Miami, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma (4)
- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart, 6-0, 190 — offers from New Mexico State, North Texas, Texas State, ULM (4)