Texas Offers Lufkin’s KeKe Coutee
Lufkin’s KeyVantanie “KeKe” Coutee has picked up three offers since Friday.
Texas is the latest school to offer the 5-foot-10, 170-pound 2015 athlete, according to his Twitter account.
Coutee, who is being recruited on both sides of the ball, received offers from Oklahoma and Texas Tech on Friday. Coutee likely projects as a slot receiver or cornerback at the next level.
Coutee had a breakout season in 2012, when he caught 64 passes for 864 yards and 10 touchdowns, finishing second on the team in all three categories behind SMU signee JaBryce Taylor. Lufkin head coach Todd Quick recently told ETSN.fm that Coutee had been receiving strong interest from Texas.
Coutee joins 2014 receiver Jamal Jeffrey as Lufkin’s top two returning offensive weapons. Jeffery has already committed to Texas A&M. Coutee and Jeffery will accompany 2015 receiver Terry Mark (6-2, 180) to give a new quarterback replacing Texas A&M baseball signee Tyler Stubblefield — most likely left-handed 2015 prospect Trey Cumbie (6-2, 205) — a big-play receiving corps this fall.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- KeyVantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 170 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-3, 196 — offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Ja’Mycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 184 — offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-2, 297 — offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — offer from TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (3)