Texas Tech Is The First To Offer Tyler Lee’s Zach Hall
Tyler Lee quarterback Zach Hall has looked great in red and black this season. He might not need to change out of those colors for college.
Hall confirmed to ETSN.fm the Texas Tech football program became the first to offer him a college football scholarship. It reached out to him with the good news Monday evening.
Texas Tech wants Hall to play a different skill position in college. It would be an easy transition for the quarterback. He's done a lot of his damage for Lee (4-4, 3-2) with his legs.
Through eight games, Hall (5-11, 170) has a team-leading 855 net rushing yards to 1,619 passing yards. He has 24 total touchdowns, 13 of them on the ground.
The Lee standout is the seventh junior player in the East Texas area with at least one FBS offer. He's the second 2016 player from the region with a Texas Tech offer, joining Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones.
Hall is the 11th current East Texas football prospect Texas Tech has gone after, but only Longview offensive tackle Broderick Washington has committed to Kliff Kingsbury's program.
Gilmer's Kris Boyd and Lufkin's KeKe Coutee, both seniors, have Texas Tech offers and currently are not committed to any program. Jones has not made a verbal pledge either.
There are five East Texans playing in Lubbock right now.
Longview's Pete Robertson is a starting linebacker, Whitehouse's Dylan Cantrell and Tenaha's Reginald Davis are part of the primary receiving rotation and Kilgore's Ryan Bustin is the the team's main kicker.
Whitehouse quarterback Patrick Mahomes, a true freshman, could get his first collegiate start Saturday versus Texas due to starting quarterback Davis Webb's ankle injury last week. Webb is considered day-to-day.
Hall has a long time to make a final decision. He won't be able to sign with a program until February, 2016.
Lee has a very important District 11-6A game against undefeated Rockwall on Friday at Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium. Hall's team is in a three-way tie for third place with two games to play and only four district playoff spots available.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — offers from Florida State, Texas (2)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 -- offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Purdue, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, USC, Washington State (31)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 275 – offers from Air Force, Navy (2)
- Corey Lane, S, Nacogdoches, 5-11, 185 – offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-4, 185 — offer from North Texas, SMU (2)