Tulane Offers Arp’s Kayce Medlock
Arp junior ATH Kayce Medlock picked up his third Division I FBS offer on Thursday, as Tulane officially offered the Tigers' standout a scholarship opportunity.
Medlock (5-9, 186) revealed news of the offer via Twitter on Thursday morning.
In addition to Tulane, Medlock currently holds offers from SMU and Louisiana-Lafayette.
Medlock finished his junior year second on the Arp team in rushing with 1,184 yards and 15 touchdowns on 110 carries. He also passed for 366 yards and a pair of touchdowns, and caught a pair of touchdown passes on offense.
Defensively, the all-around athlete had 42 tackles plus a team-best five interceptions.
With Medlock, Arp battled back from a 1-5 start for an 8-6 finish and a trip to the fourth round of the Class 3A Division II playoffs. The year ended with a loss to District 8-3A Division II rival Waskom, which went on to win the classification’s state championship game for a second year in a row while extending its unbeaten streak to 31 games.
Medlock could be an even bigger part of Arp’s 2016 plans. Leading rusher Jullian Herndon, a senior, graduates in May.
Arp will compete in a very strong District 9-3A Division II this upcoming season alongside Beckville, Elysian Fields, Harleton, Troup, Waskom and West Rusk. The University Interscholastic League unveiled the new alignment last month.
Tulane, which competes in the American Athletic Conference, is coached by Willie Fritz, who was hired in December of 2015 as the 40th head coach in the program's history. He spent the previous two seasons at Georgia Southern, and has nearly 30 years in the coaching profession.
The Green Wave went 3-9 last season and finished 1-7 in conference play. Tulane has just six wins total since earning a bowl appearance following the 2013 season.
Like all high school football players currently in their junior year, Medlock will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him on February 1, 2017.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, SMU (3)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Kansas (2)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR, 6-2, 180 — offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (9)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Texas Tech, ULL (3)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — offer from Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from SMU, Tulane, ULL (3)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Houston, SMU, Texas State, ULL, UTSA (5)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Bowling Green, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (6)