West Rusk’s Tyree Wilson Offered By Oklahoma State
Obviously, it's been a busy day in the East Texas recruiting sphere.
How busy? It's to the point all three of the players who picked up new offers after 8 p.m. Monday had added to their totals by 4 p.m. today.
West Rusk rising senior linebacker Tyree Wilson was the final of the three players to pick up a second offer in a 20-hour span. His most recent interest came from Oklahoma State.
Wilson (6-5, 255), a Washington State verbal commitment, as well as Pleasant Grove linebacker Xavier Benson and Kilgore receiver Jonathan Shepherd all earned offers from Memphis on Monday evening. Benson added a Tuesday invitation to Incarnate Word shortly after Shepherd picked up an invite to Southern Miss.
Oklahoma State registers on Wilson's radar on the heels of head coach Mike Gundy's second consecutive 10-win season. The Cowboys won the Alamo Bowl this past campaign for a final record of 10-3 and finished 2016 ranked 11th in the Associated Press poll.
Wilson is the ninth local rising senior on Oklahoma State's board.
West Rusk enjoyed a decent season after reaching the Class 3A Division II regional championship round in 2015. It got back to the bi-district round of the postseason before calling it a year with a final record of 7-4.
Wilson made 68 solo tackles as a junior for West Rusk, including 13 for loss, and assisted six other tackles in as part of a linebacking corps that cannibalized each other’s stats. In addition to 74 total tackles, he forced two fumbles and returned one interception 34 yards for a touchdown.
Senior linebacker Jacob Waller recorded a team-best 136 takedowns.
Wilson, like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in December.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Texas State, Tulane, ULL (7)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Florida Atlantic, Georgia State, Houston, Iowa State, New Mexico, North Texas, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Tulane, ULL, Virginia (17)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offers from Arkansas State, Army, Memphis, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane, ULL, ULM, Wyoming (12)
- Drake Centers, Tatum, OL, 6-4, 295 — offers from SMU, Texas State (2)
- Kylar Cooks, Liberty-Eylau, OL, 6-5, 250 — offers from Arkansas State, North Texas, Texas State (3)
- Kris Dike, Van, OL, 6-6, 283 — offers from Colorado, Houston, North Texas, Oklahoma State, SMU, TCU, Tulane (7)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-2, 215 — committed to Houston; additional offers from Mississippi State, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL (6)
- Trae Hall, Henderson, QB/ATH, 6-3, 185 — offers from Florida Atlantic, New Mexico State, Tulane, ULL, ULM (5)
- Conner Henson, Harmony, OL, 6-4, 250 — offers from ULL, ULM (2)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, OL, 6-3, 340 — committed to LSU; additional offers from Arizona, Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Rice, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech (16)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — committed to Kansas; additional offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Florida Atlantic, Houston, Iowa State, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Memphis, Nevada, North Texas, Oklahoma State, Southern Miss, Tulsa (14)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Florida State, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, LSU, Memphis, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC, UTSA (27)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 5-8, 165 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- Kameron King, Marshall, OL, 6-3, 270 — offers from North Texas, Tulane (2)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, S, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kansas, Kansas State, LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA (30)
- Jonathan Shepherd, Kilgore, WR, 6-3, 196 — offers from Colorado State, Florida Atlantic, Houston, Kansas State, ULM, New Mexico, Memphis, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech (13)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — committed to Washington State; additional offers from Kansas, Memphis, Oklahoma State, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, Wyoming (11)