Air Force First to Offer Marshall’s Tahj Washington
Marshall's Tahj Washington became the 21st prospect in East Texas' 2019 recruiting class to pick up at least one Division I FBS scholarship offer.
Washington (5-11, 160) reported via Twitter that Air Force was the first school to offer him.
He is one of four Marshall players with FBS offers. Other Mavs with Division I offers are 2019 OL Christian Hood, 2019 WR DeKendrick Bender, and 2020 QB JJ Green.
Last season, Washington caught 31 passes for 478 yards and six touchdowns, and added 159 yards and two touchdowns rushing.
Air Force, which is coached by Troy Calhoun, was 5-7 overall and 4-4 in Mountain West Conference play in 2017.
Washington, like all juniors, is first eligible to sign with any team that offers him beginning in December.
2019 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Jade Ashalintubbi, Elysian Fields, OL, 6-6, 331 —offers from Tulsa, ULM (2)
- Darwin Barlow, Newton, RB, 6-0, 200 -- offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Southern Miss, SMU, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Utah, UTSA (18)
- DeKendrick Bender, Marshall, WR, 6-2, 185 -- offers from Air Force (1)
- Chance Billington, John Tyler, OL, 6-3, 301 — offers from Iowa State, SMU, Texas State (3)
- Tamauzia Brown, Newton, ATH, 6-1, 170 -- offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma State, San Diego State, Southern Miss, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech, UTEP, UTSA (15)
- Javasia Brunson, Lufkin, DE, 6-4, 235 -- offers from Oklahoma State, SMU, South Florida (3)
- Keontae Burns, Pittsburg, ATH, 6-3, 182 — offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisiana Monroe, Minnesota, Missouri, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, UTSA (12)
- Cameron Cantrell, Whitehouse, WR, 6-1, 180 -- committed to Texas Tech (1)
- Coltin Clack, Texas High, QB, 6-3, 202 — offers from Florida Atlantic, SMU, Southern Miss (3)
- Josh Foster, Newton, ATH, 6-0, 165 -- offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana Monroe, Louisiana Tech, SMU, TCU, ULM, Utah, Vanderbilt (11)
- Christian Hood, Marshall, OL, 6-2, 290 — offer from Southern Miss (1)
- T.Q. Jackson, Jefferson, WR, 6-3, 181 — offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Minnesota, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UTSA (10)
- Beaux Limmer, Tyler Lee, OL, 6-5, 260 -- committed to Arkansas; additional offers from Arkansas State, Baylor, Houston, Louisiana Monroe, Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, Tulsa, UTSA, Vanderbilt (15)
- Darius Richardson, West Rusk, DL, 6-3, 288 -- offer from Texas State (1)
- Keivie Rose, Henderson, DE, 6-4, 220 — offers from Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Oklahoma State, SMU, Southern Miss, Tulane (9)
- Ke'Andre Street, John Tyler, WR, 6-4, 190 -- offers from Houston, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Tulane (4)
- Caiden Walker, Newton, OL, 6-4, 276 — offers from Louisiana Tech, ULM, UTEP (3)
- Tahj Washington, Marshall, ATH, 5-11, 160 -- offer from Air Force (1)
- Carl Williams, Lufkin, DT, 6-4, 310 — offers from Arkansas, Houston, Kansas, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Tulsa, UTSA (12)
- Keshon Williams, Pine Tree, ATH, 6-4, 230 -- offer from Louisiana Monroe, Texas State (2)
- Marcus Williams, Longview, OL, 6-6, 285 — committed to TCU; additional offers from Baylor, Houston, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State (6)