Arkansas State Offers Henderson’s Trestan Ebner
Trestan Ebner became the first local player to reach 15 FBS college scholarship choices thanks to a Monday offer from Arkansas State.
The Red Wolves program is the first from Sun Belt Conference to take a firm interest in Henderson's junior receiver, who reported the news through his Twitter account. Fellow Sun Belt competitor Louisiana-Monroe has offered nine East Texas players, which is the most of any school currently involved in the local Class of 2017.
Ebner (5-11, 180) helped Henderson to a 7-3 finish in 2015, but his squad missed the playoffs due to the combination of games it lost within District 9-4A Division I. However, Henderson closed the year with a bang by defeating a Kilgore team that had already clinched the league championship.
Arkansas State has been to six bowl games as a relative newcomer to the FBS level and is one of just 30 programs to have an active bowl game appearance streak of five years or more. Head coach Blake Anderson will try to guide the Red Wolves to their sixth straight postseason appearance in his third year at the school.
Anderson succeeded a series of one-and-done coaches. The Red Wolves' recent success helped promote former head coaches Hugh Freeze and Gus Malzahn to Southeastern Conference jobs and also helped Bryan Harsin make the transition from offensive coordinator at Texas to head coach at his alma mater, Boise State.
Arkansas State posted a 16-10 record through Anderson’s first two years in Jonesboro, Ark. He guided the team to a Sun Belt championship this past season with an 8-0 league record.
The Red Wolves love scheduling up in non-conference play. If Ebner signs with the team, he’ll have the opportunity to participate in one-game sets against Alabama, Miami and Nebraska during his collegiate career.
Ebner, like all high school prospects currently in their junior year, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Memphis, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM, UTSA, Wyoming (12)
- Noah Bush, Athens, LB, 6-2, 225 — offer from Army (1)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Colorado State, Houston, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, North Texas, Ole Miss, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, Tulsa (15)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Indiana, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (7)
- Ted Fuller, Harleton, RB, 5-11, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Austin Hawley, Gladewater, DB, 6-1, 200 — offer from ULM (1)
- Kollin Hurt, Gilmer, DB, 6-3, 175 — offer from ULM (1)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, Navy, SMU, Tulane, ULL (6)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offers from Arkansas State, Colorado State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM, UTSA (8)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, ULL, ULM, UTSA (8)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offers from Texas State, ULM (2)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 6-0, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, Purdue, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, UTSA (12)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (12)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, Ohio, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULM, UTSA, Washington State, Wyoming (10)
- Traveion Webster, Longview, S, 6-0, 197 — offered by ULM (1)