Colorado State Next to Offer Henderson’s Trestan Ebner
Henderson junior receiver Trestan Ebner widened his lead in total number of Division I FBS offers among East Texas recruits in the 2017 class.
Ebner (5-11, 180) reported a Colorado State offer, his 14th overall, via Twitter on Saturday.
In addition to his new scholarship opportunity, Ebner holds offers from Arkansas, Houston, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, North Texas, Ole Miss, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, and Tulsa.
Ebner was also the second East Texas receiver in three days to pick up a Colorado State offer. Gilmer's LaMarcus Morton heard form the Rams on Thursday.
Mike Bobo’s first season as Colorado State’s head coach was really a tale of two different seasons. His team won its final four games of the 2015 campaign following a 3-4 start to clinch a bowl appearance.
The Rams’ year ended with a 28-23 loss to fellow Mountain Conference foe Nevada in the Arizona Bowl for a 7-6 final record.
Bobo joined Colorado State from Georgia, his alma mater. He was Georgia’s quarterbacks coach for 13 years and simultaneously held the title of offensive coordinator from 2007 through his departure date.
Notable alumni that worked directly under Bobo, a former Georgia quarterback himself in the 1990s, were quarterbacks Matthew Stafford and Aaron Murray.
Colorado State will go for a fourth straight bowl appearance during the 2016 season.
Ebner helped Henderson to a 7-3 finish in 2015. The Lions missed the playoffs despite tying for fourth place in District 9-4A Division I, but they ended the regular season with a 30-10 win over the league’s first-place finisher, Kilgore.
The Lions will once again occupy 9-4A D-I this season, alongside Bullard, Carthage, Center, Chapel Hill, Kilgore, and Palestine.
Ebner, like all high school football players currently in their junior year, will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Memphis, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM, UTSA, Wyoming (12)
- Noah Bush, Athens, LB, 6-2, 225 — offer from Army (1)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Colorado State, Houston, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, North Texas, Ole Miss, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, Tulsa (14)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Indiana, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (7)
- Ted Fuller, Harleton, RB, 5-11, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Austin Hawley, Gladewater, DB, 6-1, 200 — offer from ULM (1)
- Kollin Hurt, Gilmer, DB, 6-3, 175 — offer from ULM (1)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, Navy, SMU, Tulane, ULL (6)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Colorado State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM, UTSA (8)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, ULL, ULM, UTSA (8)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offers from Texas State, ULM (2)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 6-0, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, Purdue, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, UTSA (12)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (12)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, Ohio, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULM, UTSA, Washington State, Wyoming (10)
- Traveion Webster, Longview, S, 6-0, 197 — offered by ULM (1)