Gilmer’s Kollin Hurt Picks Up Offer From Louisiana Tech
The second Division I FBS scholarship offer has arrived for Gilmer junior defensive back Kollin Hurt.
Louisiana Tech officially targeted the Buckeyes' star safety, he announced through Twitter on Tuesday night.
Hurt (6-3, 175) received his first from Louisiana-Monroe on May 10.
Louisiana Tech, located in Ruston, La., competes in Conference USA. The Bulldogs, who are coached by Skip Holtz, are coming off a 9-4 campaign in 2015, which included a 47-28 New Orleans Bowl win over Arkansas State.
The Bulldogs currently have a couple of East Texas players on their roster, and recently landed former Van and Texas Longhorns LB Dalton Santos, who will use his final year of eligibility to play at Louisiana Tech.
Louisiana Tech has offered three other East Texans in the 2017 recruiting class -- Center WR Octavius Evans, Gilmer WR LaMarcus Morton, and Nacogdoches CB Josh Thompson.
Hurt led the region in interceptions last season with 11 through a 15-game campaign as Gilmer worked toward the Class 4A Division II state semifinal round. Five of his picks came in postseason games, an average of one per game.
In addition to ultimately leading the area in picks, Hurt cracked the ETSN.fm tackles leader board with 114. He was also one of 10 Gilmer players to record at least 100 yards receiving with 234 yards and three touchdowns on 17 receptions.
Gilmer built up a school-best, 31-game winning streak in the process. The streak dated back to Week 1 of the 2014 season and included the 2014 Class 4A Division II state crown.
The two combined seasons surpassed a 25-game winning streak between an undefeated 2004 slate and a 5-0 start in 2005.
Like all high school football players currently in their junior year, Hurt will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Memphis, Navy, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM, UTSA, Wyoming (13)
- Noah Bush, Athens, LB, 6-2, 225 — offer from Army (1)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Colorado State, Houston, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Texas, Ole Miss, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, Texas A&M, Tulsa (17)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Indiana, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (7)
- Ted Fuller, Harleton, RB, 5-11, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Austin Hawley, Gladewater, DB, 6-1, 200 — offer from ULM (1)
- Kollin Hurt, Gilmer, DB, 6-3, 175 — offers from Louisiana Tech, ULM (2)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, Navy, SMU, Tulane, ULL (6)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offers from Arkansas State, Colorado State, Houston, Indiana, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM, UTSA (11)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — committed to UTSA; additional offers from Arkansas State, Houston, Memphis, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, ULL, ULM (10)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offers from Arkansas State, Texas State, ULM (3)
- Makyle Sanders, Tyler Lee, S, 6-2, 175 — offer from Memphis (1)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 6-0, 170 — offers from Air Force, Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Houston, Memphis, New Mexico, North Texas, Purdue, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, Tulane, Tulsa, ULL, ULM, UTSA (16)
- D’Torian Smith, Tatum, LB, 6-3, 225 — offer from Air Force (1)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (12)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 182 — offered by Arkansas State, Colorado State, Houston, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, North Texas, Ohio, SMU, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane, ULM, Utah, UTSA, Washington State, Wyoming (18)
- Traveion Webster, Longview, S, 6-0, 197 — offered by ULM (1)