Gilmer’s ‘Poppy’ Brown the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week
Gilmer senior quarterback Aaron "Poppy" Brown has been delivering big performances for the Buckeyes over the last two seasons.
He came up with another masterpiece last Friday night.
Brown accounted for 530 yards and five touchdowns in Gilmer's wild 51-49 victory over Nacogdoches, and for his efforts, he is the ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week.
He follows last week's winner, Malakoff quarterback Judd Miller.
Brown completed 26 of 37 attempts for 436 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions, and he added 94 yards rushing on 13 carries with two more scores.
For the season, the Buckeyes quarterback has passed for 1,649 yards with 15 TD's and eight interceptions. He also has 190 yards and five touchdowns on the ground.
Brown and his Gilmer teammates are off this week. The Buckeyes (4-1) open District 7-4A Division II play at home on Oct. 13 against Pleasant Grove (4-0).
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Players of the Week
- Week 5 (Sept. 28-30): Aaron "Poppy" Brown, QB, Gilmer
- Week 4 (Sept. 21-23): Judd Miller, QB, Malakoff
- Week 3 (Sept. 14-16): Coltin Clack, QB, Texas High
- Week 2 (Sept. 7-14): Garrett Moseley, QB, Van
- Week 1 (Aug. 31-Sept. 2): Isaiah Haggerty, WR, Tyler Bishop Gorman