John Tyler’s Chance Billington Commits to SMU
A few months after being offered, Chance Billington has made his decision.
The left tackle for John Tyler announced Thursday via Twitter that he will attend SMU starting in 2019.
He is part of a John Tyler offensive line that helped the Lions rush for more than 500 yards in Week 1. Last season, the Lions averaged nearly 250 yards per game on the ground behind their offensive line. John Tyler finished 11-2 last season.
The Lions are set to face Ennis this week, where the SMU's newest commit will again get a chance to prove his value to the team.
Billington, like all juniors, will first become eligible to sign with any Division I program that offers him in December of 2018.
2019 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Jade Ashalintubbi, Elysian Fields, OL, 6-6, 331 —offers from Tulsa, ULM (2)
- Chance Billington, John Tyler, OL, 6-3, 201 — committed to SMU (1)
- Tamauzia Brown, Newton, WR/ATH, 6-1, 170 -- offer from Oklahoma State (1)
- Keontae Burns, Pittsburg, WR, 6-3, 182 — offers from Iowa State, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss (4)
- Cameron Cantrell, Whitehouse, WR, 6-1, 180 -- committed to Texas Tech (1)
- Coltin Clack, Texas High, QB, 6-3, 202 — offers from Florida Atlantic, SMU, Southern Miss (3)
- Christian Hood, Marshall, OL, 6-2, 290 — offer from Southern Miss (1)
- T.Q. Jackson, Jefferson, WR, 6-2, 175 — offers from SMU, Southern Miss (2)
- Keivie Rose, Henderson, DE, 6-4, 220 — offers from Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, SMU, Southern Miss, Tulane (5)
- Carl Williams, Lufkin, DT, 6-3, 275 — offers from Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Tulsa (4)
- Marcus Williams, Longview, OL, 6-6, 250 — offers from Baylor, Houston, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State (5)