Louisiana Tech First to Offer Longview’s Haynes King
The first Division I FBS scholarship offer has arrived for Longview 2020 quarterback Haynes King.
The Lobos' signal-caller received an offer from Louisiana Tech on Tuesday, a story that was first reported by the Longview News-Journal.
King (6-2, 170) is the seventh player in East Texas' 2020 recruiting class to pick up at least one FBS offer.
Last season, King's first at quarterback, he passed for 2,106 yards with 25 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He did not take over the Lobos' starting job until Week 5 of the regular season.
As a starter, King helped Longview reel off 10 consecutive victories en route to a 13-2 record and the program's first appearance in the state semifinals since 2010.
Louisiana Tech is a member of Conference USA and is coached by Skip Holtz. The Bulldogs were 7-6 overall and 4-4 in CUSA play in 2017, finishing the year with a 51-10 win over SMU in the Frisco Bowl.
King, like all sophomores, is first eligible to sign with any Division I program that offers him in December of 2019.
2020 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage, ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Baylor, Colorado, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas (5)
- Khalan Griffin, Chapel Hill, QB/ATH, 5-11, 180 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Tren Jones, Arp, ATH, 6-0, 170 — offer from Baylor (1)
- Haynes King, Longview, QB, 6-2, 170 -- offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Ja’Lynn Polk, Lufkin, WR, 6-2, 170 — offer from Illinois (1)
- James Sylvester, Newton, DE, 6-4, 215 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor (2)
- Jerrin Thompson, Lufkin, S, 6-0, 170 -- offer from Arkansas (1)