Louisiana Tech Offers Nacogdoches’ Josh Thompson
After receiving two offers on Thursday, Nacogdoches junior CB Josh Thompson picked up an other Friday morning.
Thompson (6-0, 180) officially became a target of Louisiana Tech, the Dragons' standout tweeted.
With the new Division I FBS scholarship opportunity, Thompson now holds four offers total -- Louisiana Tech, SMU, Tulane, and UTSA.
Thompson also became the first player in East Texas' 2017 class to receive an offer from Louisiana Tech, and the 11th to reach four offers.
Louisiana Tech competes in Conference USA, and is coached by Skip Holtz. The Bulldogs are coming off a 9-4 season in 2015 that included a 6-2 conference record and 47-28 win over Arkansas State in the New Orleans Bowl.
Thompson (6-0, 180) recorded nine pass breakups, intercepted a pass and recorded 33 tackles through Nacogdoches’ 10-game season last fall. He also caught 10 passes for 152 offensive yards.
The Dragons missed the postseason after finishing in a three-team tie for fourth place in District 16-5A with Lindale and Corsicana. Lindale won the league’s fourth and final playoff berth on tiebreakers.
Thompson, like all high school football players currently in their junior year, will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him next February.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, Kansas, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, UTSA (8)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — committed to SMU; additional offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, North Texas, Syracuse (6)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from SMU, Tulane, ULL (3)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Tulsa, ULL, ULM (4)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Houston, SMU, Texas State, ULL, UTSA (5)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, UTSA (9)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (9)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Louisiana Tech, SMU, Tulane, UTSA (4)