Ole Miss Second to Offer Marshall’s JJ Green
With one season as starting quarterback under his belt, JJ Green is already getting recognition from big programs.
Ole Miss became the second school to offer Green, the 2020 prospected posted on Twitter on Wednesday morning.
Nebraska was the first school to offer Green, doing so in February.
Last season, Green's first season at quarterback, he passed for 1,743 yards with 20 touchdowns and eight interceptions and added 535 rushing yards and four touchdowns.
He helped Marshall win the District 16-5A championship under first-year coach Claude Mathis. The Mavs finished 6-5 overall and fell to Mesquite Poteet in the bi-district round of the playoffs.
Ole Miss competes in the SEC and Matt Luke is the coach. The Rebels finished 2017 with a 6-6 record.
Green, like all sophomores, is first eligible to sign with any school that offers him beginning in December 2019.
2020 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage, ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas (6)
- JJ Green, Marshall, QB, 6-2, 165 -- offer from Nebraska, Ole Miss (2)
- Khalan Griffin, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 5-11, 180 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Tren Jones, Arp, ATH, 6-0, 170 — offer from Baylor (1)
- Haynes King, Longview, QB, 6-2, 170 -- offers from Houston, Louisiana Tech, ULM (3)
- Ja’Lynn Polk, Lufkin, WR, 6-2, 170 — offer from Illinois (1)
- James Sylvester, Newton, DE, 6-4, 215 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, SMU, Texas A&M (4)
- Jerrin Thompson, Lufkin, S, 6-0, 170 -- offers from Arkansas, South Florida (2)
- Savion Williams, Marshall, WR, 6-3, 165 -- offer from Bowling Green (1)