TCU Offers Henderson’s Trestan Ebner
Henderson junior receiver Trestan Ebner picked up what could be his biggest Division I FBS offer yet.
Ebner (5-11, 180) confirmed via Twitter that he was offered by TCU late Wednesday night.
In addition to the new invitation from the Horned Frogs, Ebner holds offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, and Tulsa. The Lions' standout was originally committed to SMU, but re-opened his recruitment earlier this month.
TCU became the second Big 12 school to officially offer Ebner, joining Kansas. Of his nine total offers, five are from schools in the Power 5 conferences (ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12, SEC).
Ebner is the second East Texas recruit in the 2017 class to receive an offer from TCU, joining Liberty-Eylau DE and Texas commit Lagaryonn Carson.
Under coach Gary Patterson, TCU has emerged as one of the nation's top programs. Since taking over the head coaching position at the end of the 2000 season, Patterson has led the Frogs to a 143-47 (.753) record.
Since TCU's move to the Big 12 in 2012, the Frogs are 34-17, but 23-3 over the last two seasons. In 2015, TCU rallied in the second half to defeat Oregon in triple-overtime, 47-41, in the Alamo Bowl to cap an 11-2 campaign.
The Horned Frogs currently have two native East Texans on their roster -- CB Jeff Gladney (New Boston) and LB Travin Howard (Longview).
Ebner helped Henderson to a 7-3 finish in 2015. The team missed the playoffs despite tying for the final playoff berth out of District 9-4A Division I, but ended the regular season with a 30-10 win over the league’s first-place finisher, Kilgore.
Henderson will compete alongside Bullard, Carthage, Center, Chapel Hill, Kilgore and Palestine in 9-4A D-I this upcoming season.
Ebner, like all current junior prospects, can officially sign with the college of his choosing on Feb. 1, 2017.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, UTSA (9)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, Tulsa (9)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, SMU, Tulane, ULL (5)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM (6)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, ULL, ULM, UTSA (8)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, UTSA (11)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (11)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Louisiana Tech, Ohio, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, UTSA (6)