KILGORE -- Texas High wide receiver Tevailance Hunt scored four touchdowns, but it was Chris Sutton whose score was heard the loudest, a 4-yard touchdown run in double overtime to hand previously-unbeaten Kilgore its first loss of the season.

Texas High (2-2) has won back-to-back games (over Liberty-Eylau and Kilgore) and hosts Marshall next week in the District 16-5A opener. Kilgore (3-1) opens 9-4A Division I play at Palestine next Friday.

The Bulldogs gave almost as good as they got. Kilgore led first in double overtime, courtesy of a 37-yard field goal that gave the Bulldogs a 41-38 lead.

The Tigers then took their turn from Kilgore's 25-yard-line, and got a pass from Coltin Clack to Chris Lyles to Kilgore's 11. Three plays later, and Sutton had fought his way into the end zone for the winning score, and started the Tigers' celebration in the end zone.

Clack has had a coming-out party. The Tigers lost their first two games, but he's been very good in their two wins. In the win over Kilgore, he went 20-of-35 for 235 yards and two scores, both to Hunt. Lyles had a halfback pass that went for a 43-yard touchdown to Hunt, and Hunt also scored on a 9-yard run where he had lined up at quarterback in the shotgun.

Kilgore got two touchdowns from Oklahoma State commit Jonathan Shepherd. Shepherd had two catches (both scores) for 150 yards. Kilgore quarterback Patrick Jackson was 6-of-13 for 172 yards and the two touchdowns to Shepherd. Jackson also rushed for 78 yards.

Ja'Vorie Hamilton led Kilgore in rushing with 118 yards and an 81-yard game-tying touchdown in the fourth quarter. The two-point conversion was a pass from Jackson to Michael French. That tied the game at 35. Kilgore missed a field goal with 11 seconds left that would've won the game (from 26 yards). Instead, it went to the extra sessions.

Kilgore scored first, a 7-yard run by Demorrea Richardson, a defensive end who lined up at running back in Kilgore's power package. Clack and crew tied the game on a 43-yard pass to Hunt.

After Nesba Brown blocked a Texas High field goal attempt, Jackson and Shepherd connected for the first of their scores, a 64-yard touchdown play. The point after was wide, leaving Kilgore in front, 13-7, still in the first half.

Texas High scored back-to-back times, re-claiming the lead on a 17-yard run by Sutton, then extending it to eight, 21-13, on the halfback pass from Lyles to Hunt.

Jackson and Shepherd played pitch-and-catch again to get within a point, 21-20, of the Tigers, and then Hunt would score once more, this time on his 9-yard run, just before the half.

Jaiden Zackery scored on an 8-yard run in the third quarter and again Kilgore trailed by one, 28-27. Clack to Hunt was good for another score, this time from 17 yards out in the fourth quarter, to give the Tigers back the eight-point advantage.

But Hamilton broke free down his own sideline for the 81-yard run, and Jackson and French hooked up on the conversion pass to tie the game.

It was the second time in four seasons that Texas High has beaten Kilgore in a multiple-overtime game -- the last was in 2014, in Texarkana.

More From East Texas Sports Network