Baylor Offers Longview’s Ja’Mycal Hasty
Saturday's Baylor camp in Marshall brought Ja'Mycal Hasty his second offer in four days.
The Bears offered the 2015 running back, who received an offer from TCU on Wednesday during the Horned Frogs' camp in Kilgore.
Hasty now holds offers from Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech.
The 5-foot-9, 181-pounder won running backs MVP and overall Offensive MVP at the May 19 ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine, where he ran the fastest 40-yard dash (4.39 seconds) of the event's 100 participants. He also had the fastest ladder time at 8.87 seconds. His vertical jump of 39 inches was among the top performances at the combine.
Hasty will likely take over Longview’s starting running back spot after the graduation of Lamar signee Tory White, who ran for more than 1,200 yards in 2012. Hasty ran 338 yards and five touchdowns as a sophomore, including a 16-carry, 102-yard performance in the Lobos’ 57-25 second-round playoff blowout of Dallas Jesuit.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- Ja’Mycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — offer from Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — offer from Baylor, Mississippi State (2)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-2, 310 — offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — offer from Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (7)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 185 — committed to TCU (1)