Nebraska Offers Longview Defensive Lineman Zaycoven Henderson
One of East Texas’ top recruits in the 2014 class received an offer from a Big Ten school Thursday.
Longview’s Zaycoven Henderson announced Thursday morning via Twitter that he received an offer from Nebraska. The Huskers join Texas as Henderson’s most recent offers. A host of schools have offered the 6-foot-1, 293-pounder who recently decommitted from TCU.
— Zay-Coven Henderson (@lobo5540) September 19, 2013
Henderson named six favorites Sept. 5, when he officially decommitted: Baylor, TCU, and Texas from the Big 12, plus Florida, Ole Miss, and South Carolina from the SEC.
The physical and agile defensive tackle has yet to play in 2013 because of a Jones fracture in his foot. He is expected to return to the Lobos’ lineup during the next few weeks.
Henderson had 48 tackles, 10 for loss, and two sacks in a breakout junior season a year ago, when Longview went 9-4 with a Class 5A Division II Region II semifinal appearance.
Henderson is the second East Texan in the last week to receive a Nebraska offer. The Cornhuskers also offered Troup 2015 quarterback/athlete Blake Lynch on Sept. 12. Lynch then picked up offers from Clemson and TCU in the last few days.
Nebraska has offered two other East Texans in the 2014 class: Mount Pleasant receiver K.D. Cannon (committed to Baylor) and Newton running back/athlete Kevin Shorter (committed to Texas).
2014 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Terry Ausborne, S, John Tyler, 5-10, 175 — offer from SMU (1)
- Blake Bogenschutz, QB, Carthage, 6-1, 175 — committed to UTSA (1)
- Jacob Bragg, OL, Nacogdoches, 6-4, 310 — committed to Kansas; additional offers from Louisiana Tech, Oregon State, ULM (4)
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant, 6-0, 160 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Arizona, Clemson, Florida State, Houston, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia (21)
- Caleb Chumley, QB/ATH, Pine Tree, 6-5, 220 — offers from Houston, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Missouri, New Mexico State, North Texas, Oregon State, Texas State (9)
- Joseph Clark, RB/S, Chapel Hill, 5-9, 175 — committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Air Force, Texas State (3)
- Kade Clayton, ATH, Tyler Grace, 6-0, 180 — offer from SMU, Texas State (2); additional offer from Old Dominion (FCS)
- Terrell Cuney, C, Jasper, 6-3, 260 — committed to Texas; additional offers from TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Devondrick Dixon, ATH, Gilmer, 5-9, 180 — committed to Texas State (1)
- Adrian Goodacre, OL, Carthage, 6-4, 310 — committed to ULL; additional offer from Houston (2)
- Terian “Tee” Goree, WR, Carthage, 6-2, 170 — offer from Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, North Texas, ULL, ULM, UTSA (7)
- Davion Hall, ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 6-2, 191 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Zaycoven Henderson, DT, Longview, 6-1, 293 — offers from Baylor, Florida, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, South Carolina, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, Washington, Washington State (18)
- Willy Ivery, ATH, Sulphur Springs, 5-8, 180 — offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas State, Toledo (5)
- Jamal Jeffery, WR, Lufkin, 5-9, 165 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Chris Jefferson, ATH, Athens, 6-2, 200 — committed to SMU (1)
- Jawuan Johnson, DB, New Boston, 6-0, 195 – committed to Northern Illinois (1)
- Dorian Leonard, WR, Longview, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas; offers from Florida State, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Diego State, Texas Tech (6)
- Reggie Long, LB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 218 — offer from Army, New Mexico State (2)
- Ben Luckett, RB, Palestine, 6-0, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse, 6-3, 203 — committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Houston, North Texas, Rice (4); also has Arizona, Arkansas, Houston baseball offers
- Stephan Maxey, DB, Longview, 5-11, 185 — offer from UTSA (1)
- Jarrell Owens, LB/DE, Palestine, 6-3, 230 — committed to TCU; additional offers from Texas State, Texas Tech, ULM (4)
- Greg Roberts, DE, Nacogdoches, 6-5, 200 — committed to Baylor (1)
- Anthony Rhone, LB, Texas High, 6-0, 210 — committed to SMU (1)
- O’Keeron Rutherford, WR, Carthage, 6-6, 181 — offer from ULM (1)
- Anthony Sanders, ATH, Athens, 5-11, 185 – offer from ULM (1)
- Kevin Shorter, RB/S, Newton, 6-0, 190 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULM, Utah (22)
- Brian Thlang, OL, Palestine, 6-2, 290 — committed ULM (1)
- Josh Walker, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-1, 220 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- D.J. Williams, DT, Lufkin, 6-4, 293 — offers from Houston, Miami, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma (5)
- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart, 6-0, 190 — offers from New Mexico State, North Texas, Texas State, ULM (4)