Texas A&M Offers Longview’s Ja’Mycal Hasty
A day after camping with the Aggies, Ja’Mycal Hasty got the invitation to be one.
Texas A&M offered Longview’s standout 2015 running back Monday afternoon.
The offer, which was first reported by the Longview News-Journal, is the fourth for the 5-foot-9, 181-pound speedster. The Aggies join Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech as the four schools to offer Hasty so far.
The A&M offer came only two days after Baylor offered Hasty at Saturday’s camp in Marshall.
Hasty, who ran for 338 yards and five touchdowns as a sophomore, won running backs MVP and overall Offensive MVP at the May 19 ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine, where he ran the fastest 40-yard dash (4.39 seconds) of the event’s 100 participants. He also had the fastest ladder time at 8.87 seconds. His vertical jump of 39 inches was among the top performances at the combine.
Hasty is the third East Texan in the 2015 class to receive a Texas A&M offer.
The Aggies, who have received 2014 commitments from Lufkin receiver Jamal Jeffery and Gilmer running back/linebacker Josh Walker, offered Whitehouse receiver/safety Justin Dunning on Sunday and were one of the first schools to offer Gladewater defensive tackle Daylon Mack.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 175 — offers from TCU, Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (5)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — offers from Baylor, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (4)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — offers from Baylor, Mississippi State (2)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-2, 310 — offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (7)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas; additional offer from TCU (2)