Alto’s Keenen Johnson the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week
One of East Texas' leading rushers picked up in the playoffs right where he left off during the regular season.
Alto senior quarterback Keenen Johnson was the catalyst in the Yellowjackets' 63-14 win over Groveton last Friday night in their Class 2A Division I bi-district playoff. He rushed for 373 yards and six touchdowns on just 16 carries.
For his efforts, Johnson is the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week, following last week's winner, Texas High running back J'Kardi Witcher.
Johnson is the first player this season to earn this award twice, having taken home the honor following his Week 1 performance against Crockett, which included 360 rushing yards and seven touchdowns.
The performance vs. Groveton was perhaps the QB's most explosive night of the season, as the finished with a yards-per-carry average of 23.3.
For the season, Johnson has rushed for 2,452 yards and 37 touchdowns.
Johnson and his Alto (11-0) teammates continue postseason play this Friday night against Beckville (10-1) in the area round. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. from Tyler's Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium.
ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Players of the Week
- Nov. 12-14: Keenen Johnson, QB, Alto
- Nov. 5-7: J'Kardi Witcher, RB, Texas High
- Oct. 29-31: Case Robinson, QB, Crockett
- Oct. 22-24: Jarod Blissett, QB, Carthage
- Oct. 15-17: Jeremiah Robertson, RB, Huntington
- Oct. 8-10: Nick Ballard, RB, West Rusk
- Oct. 1-3: Chance Amie, QB, Tyler Lee
- Sept. 24-26: Judah Bell, WR, Tyler Bishop Gorman
- Sept. 17-19: Cam Haller, RB, Marshall
- Sept. 10-12: Ke'Mon Freeman, QB, Liberty-Eylau
- Sept. 3-5: Kordell Rodgers, QB, Lufkin
- Aug. 27-29: Keenen Johnson, QB, Alto