Newton’s Darwin Barlow the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week
One of the state's best running backs kept his stellar senior season alive with a special performance last Thursday night.
Newton running back Darwin Barlow totaled 232 yards from scrimmage and scored five touchdowns in the Eagles' dominating 79-12 state quarterfinal win over Dangerfield.
Barlow ran for 118 yards and three touchdowns, and caught four passes for 114 yards and two more scores. For his efforts, Barlow is the ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week.
He follows last week's winner, Carthage quarterback Gunner Capps.
For the season, Barlow, a TCU commit, has run for 2,142 yards and 39 touchdowns. He also has 15 catches for 323 yards and three touchdowns.
Barlow and his Newton (13-0) teammates face East Bernard (13-1) this week in the Class 3A Division II semifinals. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday from Texan Drive Stadium in Porter.
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Players of the Week
- Week 15 (Dec. 6-8): Darwin Barlow, RB, Newton
- Week 14 (Nov. 29-Dec. 1): Gunner Capps, QB, Carthage
- Week 13 (Nov. 22-24): Sabastion Porter, RB, Garrison
- Week 12 (Nov. 15-17): Bran Webb, RB, Gilmer
- Week 11 (Nov. 8-10): Alejandro Sanchez, QB, Eustace
- Week 10 (Nov. 1-3): Ke'Andre Street, WR, John Tyler
- Week 9 (Oct. 25-27): Jayton Moffatt, QB, Van
- Week 8 (Oct. 18-20): Gerald Turner, QB, Carlisle
- Week 7 (Oct. 11-13): Jakauri Woods, QB, Daingerfield
- Week 6 (Oct. 4-6): Montavien Hunt, RB, Jasper
- Week 5 (Sept. 27-29): Jeremiah Davis, RB, Palestine
- Week 4 (Sept. 20-22): Haynes King, QB, Longview
- Week 3 (Sept. 13-15): Vi'Dareous High, RB Alto
- Week 2 (Sept. 6-8): Coltin Clack, QB, Texas High
- Week 1 (Aug. 30-Sept. 1): JJ Green, QB, Marshall