Bishop Gorman’s Jeremiah Milton Wins ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Defensive Player Of The Week
Tyler Bishop Gorman's game Friday against Bullard Brook Hill had potential for fireworks, but few thought all the scoring in meaningful time would belong to one side.
The Crusaders moved the ball at will against the Guard's defense for 43 points in the game's first 17 minutes for a commanding lead in what was ultimately a 63-32 win in TAPPS Division II, District II competition.
Brook Hill had its chances to claw back into the game during the run. Freshman athlete Jeremiah Milton led a charge that resulted in no Brook Hill points until the final minute of the first half.
Milton recorded 24 total tackles in the contest, including two sacks and an additional four tackles for loss, for the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Defensive Player of the Week honor.
It is worth mentioning the Guard played without injured starting quarterback Hood Taylor. Several other players got dinged up during the contest.
As it is, however, the Crusaders moved to 3-0 within the district and remained in a tie for first place in the league alongside Dallas Christian. That tie will be broken one way or the other this Friday at Dallas Christian's stadium in Mesquite.
Dallas Christian -- which reached the TAPPS Division II state championship game in both of the past two seasons -- has averaged 43.7 points per contest in its seven games.
Milton and company will have to be at the top of their game defensively to hand Dallas Christian its first district loss since Sept. 26, 2014.
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Defensive Players of the Week
- Week 7 (Oct. 6-Oct. 8) -- Jeremiah Milton, ATH, Tyler Bishop Gorman
- Week 6 (Sept. 29-Oct. 1) -- Traveion Webster, DB, Longview
- Week 5 (Sept. 22-24) -- Alex Thlang, LB, Elkhart
- Week 4 (Sept. 15-Sept. 17) -- Brandon Cook, DB, White Oak
- Week 3 (Sept. 8-Sept. 10) -- Dekalen Goodson, DL, John Tyler
- Week 2 (Sept. 1-Sept. 3) -- Taylor Smith, DB, Jefferson
- Week 1 (Aug. 25-Aug. 27) -- Keylon Johnson, DE, Waskom