FAQs: 2014 ETSN.fm + APEC Football Recruiting Combine
More than 100 invited athletes have confirmed their attendance to the second ETSN.fm + APEC Football Recruiting Combine, powered by Azalea Orthopedics, on Sunday, June 1 at APEC in Tyler.
The event will be free and open to the public.
If you are one of those athletes or a parent/guardian/coach, please be sure to read the following information pertaining to the event.
What to Bring?
Athletes need to bring two pairs of shoes: flats and cleats (cleats only needed for outdoor position-specific drills; all laser timing and other combine drills will be conducted in flats). NOTE: The Tyler Lee practice field's turf is artificial.
Athletes also need to BRING A MOUTHPIECE. These are to be used during our one-on-one drills. Please do not forget to bring a mouthpiece!
Where to Go?
APEC is located at 5407 New Copeland Road in Tyler. Here's a map:
Where to Park?
If APEC's parking lot is full, park at Providence Park Nursing and Rehabilitation next door or Smith Dental Care on the opposite side of New Copeland Road (both businesses have been alerted as to parking needs, so no worry of towing).
What Happens When You Arrive?
- Early registration starts at 7:30 a.m. and full registration starts at 8 a.m. Registration will be concluded by 9:15 a.m. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY, not at exactly at 9:15 a.m. to allow for on-time start of drills. If you are late, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE with your position group and could possibly be prevented from completing all drills that will be scored to determine MVPs. This should be easy since your signed permission slip will already be with ETSN.fm and APEC staff at the registration station. After registering, height and weight measurements will be conducted, plus we'll take headshot pictures.
- A taping station will be provided by for athletes who want to be taped.
- Athletes will receive Nike performance combine shirts for no charge for attending the combine. They're SWEET.
- Athletes will be divided into position groups and start combine drills at 10 a.m. Combine drills should conclude by 1:20 p.m. Groups will start at different times, but all will be wrapped up by then.
- A minimum one-hour break will be available for all athletes, where you are allowed to leave to go to lunch before we relocate to Tyler Lee's football practice field for one-on-ones. Lunch won't be provided, but you are also welcome to bring your own.
- Weather permitting, position-specific drills and one-on-ones will start at 2 p.m. and run through 4:30 p.m.
- After the one-on-ones conclude, position and overall MVP awards will be handed out at Tyler Lee.
Getting to Tyler Lee
We will be using Tyler Lee's football practice field for one-on-ones and other outside position drills. The practice field is on the east side of campus at the corner of Loop 323 and Donnybrook Avenue. The map below shows directions from APEC to Tyler Lee.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a picture of the AstroTurf surface at APEC on which all laser-timed running will be conducted. The surface is from the old RCA Dome, which served as home to the NFL's Indianapolis Colts from 1984-2007. The same surface is used at The University of Texas pro day every year.