Jefferson’s Tybo Williams the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week
The Jefferson Bulldogs have one of East Texas' most explosive offenses, and that was evident in their playoff opener last Friday night.
Jefferson rolled up more than 500 yards of total offense in its 69-30 rout of Farmersville in their Class 3A Division I bi-district clash.
The biggest star of the night was junior running back Tybo Williams, who ran for 287 yards and five touchdowns on only nine carries.
For his efforts, Williams is the ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week. He follows last week's winner, Atlanta quarterback Andrew Samples.
Williams averaged an astounding 32 yards every time he carried the ball, helping the Bulldogs average more than 17 yards per offensive snap.
For the season, Williams leads the team with 1,032 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns on 67 attempts.
Williams and Jefferson (10-1) continue in the playoffs this week against Whitesboro (8-3) in the area round. Kickoff is scheduled for 2 p.m. from Wildcat Stadium in Emory.
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Players of the Week
- Week 12 (Nov. 16-18): Tybo Williams, RB, Jefferson
- Week 11 (Nov. 9-11): Andrew Samples, QB, Atlanta
- Week 10 (Nov. 2-4): Jayden Hicks, QB, Center
- Week 9 (Oct. 26-28): Tyler Gray, QB, Palestine
- Week 8 (Oct. 19-21): Haden Terry, QB, Groveton
- Week 7 (Oct. 12-14): Keaontay Ingram, RB, Carthage
- Week 6 (Oct. 5-7): C.J. Horn, QB, Tenaha
- Week 5 (Sept. 28-30): Aaron "Poppy" Brown, QB, Gilmer
- Week 4 (Sept. 21-23): Judd Miller, QB, Malakoff
- Week 3 (Sept. 14-16): Coltin Clack, QB, Texas High
- Week 2 (Sept. 7-14): Garrett Moseley, QB, Van
- Week 1 (Aug. 31-Sept. 2): Isaiah Haggerty, WR, Tyler Bishop Gorman