Sulphur Springs’ Larry Pryor Is The ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player Of The Week
Sulphur Springs' Larry Pryor is committed to Texas A&M as a safety, but that hasn't stopped the Wildcats' senior standout from posting impressive numbers from the quarterback position.
The trend continued last Friday night when Pryor put up another monster performance. In Sulphur Springs' 49-42 victory over Hallsville, Pryor totaled 369 yards of offense and accounted for four touchdowns.
Pryor is the ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week for his efforts, following Malakoff running back Marcus Dowell, who won the honor a week ago.
The dual-threat Sulphur Springs QB rushed for a season-best 232 and four touchdowns on 23 attempts, while completing 9 of 12 passes for another 137 yards. The win helped Sulphur Springs improve to 4-3 overall and 3-1 in District 15-5A.
For the season, Pryor has completed 96 of 158 passes for 1,300 yards with six touchdowns and six interceptions. He has also rushed for 971 yards and 17 touchdowns on only 99 carries.
Pryor and his Wildcat teammates play at Pine Tree (1-6, 1-3) on Friday night.
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Players of the Week
- Week 8 (Oct. 16-18): Larry Pryor, QB, Sulphur Springs
- Week 7 (Oct. 9-11): Marcus Dowell, RB, Malakoff
- Week 6 (Oct. 2-4): Justin Hart, QB, Marshall
- Week 5 (Sept. 25-27): Keenen Johnson, QB, Alto
- Week 4 (Sept. 18-20): Zach Hall, QB, Tyler Lee
- Week 3 (Sept. 11-13): Michael Goodwin, QB, Tyler Bishop Gorman
- Week 2 (Sept. 4-6): Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton
- Week 1 (Aug. 28-30): Grant Hanks, QB, Bullard Brook Hill