Testing Results from 2014 ETSN.fm + APEC Football Recruiting Combine
TYLER — The second annual ETSN.fm + APEC football recruiting combine, powered by Azalea Orthopedics, was a huge success.
ETSN.fm and APEC welcomed 115 of East Texas’ best football players in the 2015 and 2016 classes to Tyler for the event, which had a total attendance of about 400 people.
Testing results from Sunday’s combine are below, but here are explanations for each combine test if you need them.
- 40-yard dash — standard measure of long or “top-end” speed; the included 20- and 10-yard speeds show fast an athlete starts his 40
- Bench press — denotes upper-body strength, which is important when assessing an athlete’s total upper-body strength potential
- Vertical jump — measure of vertical power (more power = faster at shorter distances)
- Broad jump — growing standard for explosion athletes
- Pro agility — standard for lateral change of direction
- Ladder — encompasses footwork, control, brain-to-foot communication, and reaction
- Medball — shows upper-body explosion and reaction speed (more speed = harder punch)
- Keiser squat — combines low-impact technology with ability to move heavy weight safely at high speeds; issues power output number (in wattage) based on amount of weight used and the speed in which it was lifted, making the target a power assessment instead of simply a strength assessment
NOTE: The laser-timed 40-yard dashes were conducted on a wet surface, which caused generally slowed times.
[table id=813 /]
RUNNING BACKS (26)
[table id=814 /]
RECEIVERS/TIGHT ENDS (24)
[table id=815 /]
OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (12)
[table id=816 /]
DEFENSIVE LINEMEN (14)
[table id=817 /]
[table id=818 /]
DEFENSIVE BACKS (19)
[table id=819 /]