Friday’s Girls UIL State Track Meet Roundup: Paul Pewitt’s Chadnee Knox Captures Two Gold Medals
AUSTIN -- Paul Pewitt's Chadnee Knox racked up two gold medals Friday at the Class 2A state track meet at Mike A. Myers Stadium.
Knox, a Kansas State signee, took first place in both the long jump and triple jump. She won the long jump with a distance of 18-09.00 and cruised to a win in the triple jump with a length of 38-04.25.
But she wasn't the only East Texas competitor who walked away with gold medals.
Kilgore's Tony Burks, a Houston signee, took first in the Class 3A long jump with a distance of 18-09.00. White Oak's Madison Pecot set a new 2A record in the pole vault with a height of 12-06, while Jefferson's Destiny Carr earned gold in the 2A 200 meter dash with a time of 24.50.
There were a handful of silver medalists from the region as well.
Woodville's Julisa Williams placed second in the 2A shot put with a distance of 39-05.25, Elkhart's Paige Fillmore was runner-up in the 2A 300 meter hurdles with a time of 44.66 and Carlisle's Sydney Hardin finished second in the 1A Division I pole vault with a height of 10-06.
Jefferson was the area's highest team finisher on Friday, placing third overall in 2A with 42 points. Dallas Hampton Prep captured the 2A championship with 66 points.
For Saturday's girls East Texas schedule of events, click here.
UIL State Track and Field Meet
At Mike A. Myers Stadium, Austin
FRIDAY'S GIRLS EAST TEXAS RESULTS
- High jump -- Travicia Acy, Lindale (5-04, 5th)
- Pole vault -- Brittany Conway, Pine Tree (11-06, 7th)
- 3200 meter run -- Christina Hernandez, Lufkin Hudson (11:51.42, 6th)
- Pole vault -- Lindsey Sechrist, Spring Hill (11-06, 3rd)
- High jump -- Amber Walker, Brownsboro (5-06, 3rd)
- Long jump -- Tony Burks, Kilgore (18-09.00, 1st) // A'Kayla Chancey, Henderson (17-10.50, 5th)
- Shot put -- Denasia Watson, Pittsburg (35-11.00, 7th) // Taylor Spiller, Bullard (35-01.50, 8th)
- High jump -- Deandra Hanson, Daingerfield (5-2, 7th) // LeAnna Mack, Jefferson (5-0, 9th)
- Long jump -- Chadnee Knox, Paul Pewitt (18-09.00, 1st) // Shardai Love, Linden-Kildare (17-05.00, 4th)
- Pole vault -- Madison Pecot, White Oak (12-6, 1st, 2A record)
- Discus -- Julisa Williams, Woodville (119-03, 6th)
- Triple jump -- Chadnee Knox, Paul Pewitt (38-04.25, 1st) // Haley Stuart, Sabine (37-03.50, 4th)
- Shot put -- Julisa Williams, Woodville (39-05.25, 2nd) // Tierra Wilson, West Rusk (37-08.75, 5th)
- 400 meter relay -- Jefferson (Tyquasheia Smith, Taishia Holt, Tyler Roberson, Destiny Carr), (47.59, 3rd) // Tatum (Alexes Bell, Ro'neshia Simpson, Jade Noel, Ryshaneek Starling), (48.79, 4th)
- 800 meter run -- Hanna Lee, Mount Pleasant Chapel Hill (2:25.33, 8th)
- 400 meter dash -- Kadrienne Sanders, White Oak (58.95, 5th) // Ro'neshia Simpson, Tatum (59.07, 7th)
- 300 meter hurdles -- Paige Fillmore, Elkhart (44.66, 2nd) // Madi Allen, Eustace (44.94, 4th), Jessika Barnhart, Alba-Golden (45.36, 6th)
- 200 meter dash -- Destiny Carr, Jefferson (24.50, 1st) // Varnysha Smith, New Diana (25.34, 4th)
- 1600 meter run -- Hanna Lee, Mount Pleasant Chapel Hill (5:47.77, 9th)
- 1600 meter relay -- Elkhart (Kimber Douglas, Tiffany Rosas, Monique Ashford, Paige Fillmore), (4:02.75, 3rd) // Paul Pewitt (Mikayla Williams, Clarissa Blalock, Haley Anderson, Chadnee Knox), (4:08.62, 9th)
- 100 meter dash -- Varnysha Smith, New Diana (12.25, 3rd) // Taishia Holt, Jefferson (12.34, 4th)
CLASS A DIVISION I
- Pole vault -- Sydney Hardin, Carlisle (10-06, 2nd)
- Shot put -- Cymone Davis, Grapeland (37-01.25, 5th) // Tia Barnes, San Augustine (35-00.75, 9th)
- High jump -- Hannah Moore, Mount Enterprise (4-10, 9th)
- Discus -- Reagan Williams, Simms Bowie (121-07, 3rd) // Bailey Rabalais, Shelbyville (90-08, 9th)
- Long jump -- Taylor Lindsay, Beckville (17-06.50, 3rd) // Ky'Ashlyn Price, San Augustine (15-05.50, 9th)
CLASS A DIVISION II
- 3200 meter run -- Emma Roquemore, Douglass (12:38.28, 7th)
- High jump -- Brittany Bobo, Douglass (5-02, 5th)