San Augustine’s Kris Wade is the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Defensive Player of the Week
Defense played a big part in San Augustine's 50-14 victory against Centerville on Friday.
Kris Wade was at the center of that. Wade recorded two interceptions but didn't stop there. He returned both for touchdowns, one of 81 yards and another of 58. He also added three tackles, one being for loss, in the game.
For his efforts, he is the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Defensive Player of the Week. He follows Lufkin's Jerrin Thompson, who won the award in Week 14.
San Augustine is 14-0 this season and well on its way to carving a state championship path. The Wolves have just two more games to win to claim the title. Wade has three interception on the season.
San Augustine will face Refugio at 7 p.m. Thursday in Cypress.
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Defensive Players of the Week
- Week 15 (Dec. 7-9): Kris Wade, DB, San Augustine
- Week 14 (Nov. 30-Dec. 2): Jerrin Thompson, DB, Lufkin
- Week 13 (Nov. 23-25): Tyree Wilson, LB, West Rusk
- Week 12 (Nov. 16-18): Gerald Turner, DB, Carlisle
- Week 11 (Nov. 9-11): Demorrea Richardson, DL, Kilgore
- Week 10 (Nov. 2-4): Cade Fant, LB, New Boston
- Week 9 (Oct. 26-28): Jalen Carr, DB, Longview
- Week 8 (Oct. 19-21): Corbin Foster, LB, Newton
- Week 7 (Oct. 12-14): Kase Yates, DB, Joaquin
- Week 6 (Oct. 5-7): Josh Williams, DB, Palestine
- Week 5 (Sept. 28-30): Eric Gipson, DL, Jefferson
- Week 4 (Sept. 21-23): Nick Hoelscher, LB, Harmony
- Week 3 (Sept. 14-16): Jacorey Ware, DB, Carthage
- Week 2 (Sept. 7-14): Ty Patterson, DB, Linden-Kildare
- Week 1 (Aug. 31-Sept. 2): Elijah Trest, DL, White Oak