Tenaha’s Cobe Caraway Is The ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player Of The Week
Normally, the fewer times an offense possesses the ball, the lower the team's overall scoring output becomes. And ultimately, the less likely that team secures victory.
Tenaha senior Cobe Caraway was anything but normal Saturday afternoon. The speedy running back made every single one of his carries count in the Tigers' 34-24 win over Overton, scoring on five of them.
Caraway finished with 270 yards and five touchdowns on just eight rushing attempts, making him the ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week, following Week 9 winner -- Carthage quarterback Jarod Blissett.
Remarkably, the Tigers (7-1, 4-0 in District 11-2A Division II) needed only five offensive possessions and 10 plays from scrimmage for the win. Caraway touched the ball on eight of those plays, and averaged an astounding 33.8 yards per carry.
For the season, Caraway has rushed for 1,318 yards and 19 touchdowns in 114 attempts (11.6 yards per carry) in seven games.
Tenaha closes out the regular season Friday at Mount Enterprise.
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Players of the Week
- Week 10 (Oct. 30-Nov. 1): Cobe Caraway, RB, Tenaha
- Week 9 (Oct. 23-25): Jarod Blissett, QB, Carthage
- Week 8 (Oct. 16-23): Larry Pryor, QB, Sulphur Springs
- Week 7 (Oct. 9-11): Marcos Dowell, RB, Malakoff
- Week 6 (Oct. 2-4): Justin Hart, QB, Marshall
- Week 5 (Sept. 25-27): Keenen Johnson, QB, Alto
- Week 4 (Sept. 18-20): Zach Hall, QB, Tyler Lee
- Week 3 (Sept. 11-13): Michael Goodwin, QB, Tyler Bishop Gorman
- Week 2 (Sept. 4-6): Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton
- Week 1 (Aug. 28-30): Grant Hanks, QB, Bullard Brook Hill